Monday, September 10, 2007

First Birthday Bash!

When I found out that Lisa wasn't going to plan anything special for Cadence's first birthday I asked if I could. So I got some decorations, baked a cake and told Lisa to invite people. I'm pretty sure she invited close to 2 dozen people but in the end only one couple came with their 5 month old son. At the last minute Lisa invited their "across the street neighbors." And so they came over and helped us sing happy birthday and eat cake. Lisa and Paul had prepared a lot of food but with the small amount of people we didn't eat much of it. Cadence loved the helium balloons, they were not only fun to look at but they were also fun to bat around. I think she got more amusement out of the balloons than any of the gifts she was given.


This is the beautiful birthday girl standing up in the kitchen.


I was having a little fun with static electricity. :)


This is the birthday cake.


She wasn't sure what to think when everyone started singing happy birthday.


Paul ended up blowing out the candle but she sure wanted to get her hands on that bear!


I guess it passed the taste test.


I didn't think about making a chocolate one in order to make her face look more messy. There are some crumbs there if you look close enough.


After eating cake she got to open presents. She wasn't extremely into it.


Lisa ended up opening this one. Cadence tore the paper but only a little.


Turned out the tissue paper was the best gift of all. The little blue shoes were part of my gift to her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Who made that cake...it's awesome!!

Pamela said...

Thanks Trina! I made the cake. It is kinda cute isn't it? Not as cute as the kid however! :)