Saturday, September 02, 2006

1 Month

Today is September first. It officially marks one month since I left Brazil. It is not that I am not happy to be home. It is that I am sad to be so far away from the people whom I love and care about who are in Brazil. Oddly enough I struggle with the same kind of feelings when I am in Brazil, missing the people I love and care about who are here in Canada.

In the month that I have been back I've kept myself fairly busy. I spent one week at camp as a volunteer for the highschool week. One of my professors, Stan Helton, was directing the week. I enjoyed listening to his lessons on the sermon on the mount. I was definately glad that the week came to an end when it did. I think that I had a hard time putting myself into the "North American Camp mode." I think my heart and mind were still very much in Brazil.

After coming home from camp I had the opportunity to join my family at the annual Krogsgaard Cousin Reunion held in Regina at Candy Cane Park. The day was a bit rainy so we ended early but even so it was nice to see some cousins who I hadn't seen for very long time. And also nice to discover that those very cousins who I haven't seen in years actually live only minutes away from me here in Regina!
These two cuties are my cousin, Devon's two sons, Damian and Desmond. I think this picture is absolutely too cute! They are hiding from the rain under their Grandpa's coat.

After the family picnic got rained out I headed to Saskatoon with my mom and Brother and Sister. It was nice to be in Saskatoon for a while before the grind of school began. I was able to spend some time with my friend Lisa who is expecting her first child right now. I was also able to go to my little cousin Sarah's second birthday. Sarah was born three days after I moved back to Brazil for my second year. I met her for the first time three days before her first birthday when I got back to Canada. This birthday party was the second time that I had ever seen here.

Here she is eating her birthday cupcake. YUMMY!


And here she is carrying around her new stuffy that she got for her birthday. Isn't she adorable???


So yeah, My first month in Canada is coming to an end and my first week of classes has come to an end. Life marches on no matter how much we would like it to stand still for while.

1 comment:

ann said...

Hooray for blogs from Pamela! I know it´s hard to feel torn in half. Ugh, the price we pay for cross cultural living. But I can tell you have beloved friends there, who have really cute kids. :)
Love you!