Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cadence Mattea Little

On Tuesday, September 5, 2oo6 at 2:53 in the morning my best friend of twelve years gave birth to her first child, Cadence Mattea (pronounced Mattía) Little. She was 22 and a quarter inches long and weighed 8 pounds 11 and a half ounces. This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Saskatoon and stay with Lisa and her husband Paul and enjoy their company and well as meet my very first niece.

I remember coming back to the dorm last year and finding a note on my door telling me to call Lisa. I turned to my sister and said, "I wonder if Lisa is pregnant?" I was very excited when I did talk to her and she told me that I was going to be an aunty. I was excited for Lisa and Paul who were about to become parents for the first time but I was also very honored that Lisa and Paul would want their child to call me aunty. I am very thankful to be able to have that relationship with their children.

I spoke to Paul on the phone the day after Cadence was born. The first thing I heard was Cadence's soft cry in the background. That simple sound brought tears to my eyes. Tears were there again last Friday evening as Lisa placed this tiny little girl into my arms for the very first time.

The picture above and the picture below are both Miss Cadence napping on my chest during the first time I held her. The one below is taken at such an angle that you can see her mommy and Daddy on the couch in the background.



Here she is napping on her mommy's chest.


And here she is sucking on her daddy's thumb. Her mommy was otherwise occupied at that very moment and she was gettig impatient. :)

It was a joy to spend a few days with the proud parents and spend some time getting to know this little person. The proud new parents are both pretty tired as they ajdust to this new life of feedings and diaper changes. It was my pleasure to be able to help by changing a few of those diapers and assist with bathtime.
Here's the little munchkin after bath time. She did't mind the bath so much. Just the washing of the hair part and the getting dried of part.

As time goes by I'm sure there will be more posts dedicated to my beautiful little niece so you can all look forward to that! :)

1 comment:

ann said...

What a beautiful girl!!!!!

Congrats Tia Pamela! ;)