Sunday, February 25, 2007

Winter Makes Me Cold!!!

I like winter just as much as the next person...or maybe not. I have come to the conclusion that I was not intended for extreme weather and therefore I was not intended for Saskatchewan! I don't like -30 and I don't like +30. I am all about happy mediums!

I would have to say that one of my biggest dislikes about winter is the endless shoveling of sidewalks! The apartment that I live in this year is the worst! First of all because it is an apartment. Technically our landlords should take care of it. I've gotten past the fact that they haven't and will not shovel my walk and also that no one else who lives in this building will either, except maybe my roommate and myself. The worst part of it all is that our front yard has nothing to block the wind at all. So even if it hasn't snowed, just a little bit of wind and you wouldn't even know that you had shoveled the day before. My front yard is just one huge snowdrift! Joyce and I have been avoiding shoveling recently, so pretty much we have been trudging through a new snowdrift every morning, and every evening. For weeks now I have been thinking that I really ought to shovel and then I just never do. Either it's too cold or I have too many other things to do. Anyway, today was the day to get it done. My sister Michelle is here for the weekend and I asked her if she wanted to help. A few moments passed before she answered with a week "not really." Just what I thought, me neither actually!!! After I had been out there for a few minutes she did come out and help which made it not only go faster but made it a lot more fun! Because it had been weeks since a shovel had even seen our front walk there was a good 5cm and in some places 10cm of hard, packed down snow. It may not be the longest sidewalk in the world but that sucker took Michelle and I an hour to clear. I took before and after pictures and I'm pretty excited by the fact that I now have a clean sidewalk!

No comments: