Thursday, November 15, 2007

India Here I Come

It has been over a month since I have posted anything here. I've thought about it, I just haven't done it. Some things I've thought about writing about I'm just not ready to write yet. Those things will show up here eventually I am sure. The other obvious things I could post about like things I've been up to or my beautiful niece have just been put to the wayside. Lots has been going on. I've been busy with work and life in general.

Many of you who read this (Are there many people who actually read my blog??? I don't know.) know who Ray and Ellen McMillan are, others don't. For those of you who don't know them you are missing out. They are a wonderful couple who love the Lord and have followed His calling on their lives to minister to the people of Northeast India. They came to Saskatoon last month and gave a presentation on the work that they have been doing and the work that they will be doing in India. One of their goals while they are back in Canada was to find someone to return to India with them to tutor their two grandchildren, Autumn and Andrew. As I sat in my chair that Sunday morning it was as if God was sitting directly behind me with a big grin on His face, tapping me on the shoulder and whispering in my ear, "Pamela, guess what I want you to do?" I will admit that I listened closely to everything that Ray and Ellen had to share but the rest of the service was pretty much lost on me. I could barely sit still, my mind was going a mile a minute. I went and spoke to Ray immediately after the service was over. On my way to find Ellen I was stopped by another wonderful person, whom many of you know and many of you do not, Alicia Krogsgaard. Her first words to me were, "So when are you leaving for India?" It was as if she had actually seen God tapping me on the shoulder and overheard His whispering in my ear.

After visiting with Ray & Ellen and Autumn & Andrew and much prayer I have accepted their invitation to join them in Guwahati, India in January. My primary work will be to teach Autumn, grade 7 and Andrew grade 5. There will also be lots of opportunity for me to get involved in other areas such as English Bible studies like I have done with Let's Start Talking in the past.

Lot's of people have been asking me if my going to India means that I am no longer interested in Brazil. It makes me sad when people say that! Just because I go somewhere else doesn't mean that I will never go back to Brazil. My heart lives in Brazil. No matter where I go in the world that won't change. I believe that God has given me this opportunity and I plan to take advantage of what He has in store for me.

I would appreciate prayers as I make preparations for this work. There is a lot that needs to happen, immunizations, visa application, and fund raising to name a few. I'll definitely be posting more as the prep work continues and of course as my new adventure unfolds so come back often!

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

wow! Congrats! how totally exciting- the best of which is to hear God on what you are to be doing- no matter where it is. As long as He is there. May all your plans go well and His Spirit continue to guide you.

Are you still going to be in Stoon over xmas? I'll be there Dec.11th till the beginning of Jan. if you have time to visit.