Saturday, June 07, 2008

Back In Guwahati

Thirteen days and 31 cups of tea later I arrived back in Guwahati. It was two days later than we had originally planned but I guess that's what happens when you travel to Aizawl at the beginning of the monsoon season. It was a good trip. I met a lot of people and drank a lot of tea. I would have met more people and drank more tea but I got sick again while we were away. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to feel yucky until I get home, have some blood tests done and hopefully receive a cure for this "Nasty-India-Sickness". Due to my feelings of yuckiness, all you die hard fans of my blog are going to have to wait a while longer for pictures and stories from our wonderful trip to the states of Manipur and Mizoram. I 'm pretty sure that most of the people who currently read this aren't really interested in me anyway. They either have or are related to someone with the name that starts with a Mc and ends with a Millan. Sorry to disappoint. Serves you right for lurking and not bothering to comment. :P

4 comments:

Heather said...

Pamela - you obviously are not feeling well - hugs and love your way. I lurk but my last name doesn't start with Mc and I care about you, your thoughts, your travels and love reading what you've been up to and seeing all those great pics!! (Oh Kristie says HI!!!!! too - she's a lurker)
It's a rainy day here (YEAH we are so lacking for rain) so I'm suppose to be cleaning but instead I'm reading blogs and was delighted to see a post by you. I will wait with bated breath for your pics and story about your lastest trip. Can't believe you're coming home so soon!!!
Take care! (I say that in one of those "mother" voices by the way)
Heather

Anonymous said...

Yes we are interested in you and your experiences in India and we look forward to visiting with you about your six months in India when you get home..get well soon...we get sick here too!!
Love & prayers for a safe trip home.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'm still here too and my last name doesn't contain any of those letters :)

Miss you and can't wait to hear more about your adventures in person! I did laugh when I heard it took a couple days to leave Aizawl. Very familiar! Get feeling better!

Anonymous said...

What the? I agree with the comments made above. I hope you are feeling better. I had heard from other sources that you were unwell and I wanted an update, so I was lurking waiting to hear from you. I was glad to hear that you made it back safely and I did want to hear how you handled the mud slides!? How bad was that? I got to hang with your sis on the weekend as she came in with the koops for mosaic! It was great! I hope to see you sometime when you get back to sask.
Love you! Andreasavpdxkh