Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random Update

Things have been busy around here as always. Ellen pointed out to me this evening that in exactly four weeks from today we will be arriving in Canada. Ray asked me how I felt about that and all I could say was that the thought brings mixed emotions. In some ways I am more than ready to go home and in other ways I don't want to leave this place. *sigh* Where has the time gone?

I thought I would take a few minutes and catch you up on what's been going on around here lately. The last of our guests have already made their exits. Jordan left on May 13 and was headed to some place near Kashmir I believe. Bonnie, Eric, Nic and Tyler left on May 21. They were first headed to Siliguri for a wedding and then on to Delhi and from there they were going to Oman. It's feels a bit strange not having anyone staying with us right now. Pretty quiet these days.

Raja is now back at home and doing well. He was released from the hospital on May 19. We saw him today when we were at Kalapani to teach. He was very glad to be home and is diligently doing his exercises for his hand and arm.

Earlier this week we had an exterminator come to our house and spray for the ants. There are still ants, just not as many. I think they will return with time but for now, I like less ants. :)

My Brazilian friends, Fabiano, Ducy and Karen, have returned from their furlough in Brazil. They arrived back in Guwahati on Saturday. They stopped by the house twice this week but I wasn't at home either time. Today I spent the afternoon and evening with them at their house. It was nice catching up with them and of course great to have someone to speak with in Portuguese again.

Everyone in our house seems to be taking turns at being sick. None of us have really been ourselves over the last week or so. Ellen had been feeling under the weather for a few days. She had a fever and then on Monday she noticed that her right leg was becoming red, very similar to what it had looked like a year and half ago when she was admitted to the hospital with cellulitis. Since Ray was traveling I went with Ellen to the hospital where they checked her out and did a few tests. In the end we came home with some oral antibiotics and instructions for her to rest as much as possible and keep her leg elevated. She is going back to see the doctor today to see what he says about the prospect of her traveling with us over the next two weeks. Please keep Ellen's health in your prayers.

We are planning to visit the states of Manipur and Mizoram over the next two weeks. We are leaving on Saturday for Imphal. We will be in that area until the 29th and then we will head to Aizawl where we will stay until June 3 when we will return to Guwahati. That leaves us only 10 days in Guwahati before we begin our journey home. The next four weeks are going to be so full that I know they are going to fly by.

The blog will be quiet while I am away but stay tuned for news from our travels when I return to Guwahati.

1 comment:

rich jandt said...

Whats up Pam? This is Rich Jandt, I don't know if you remember me or not. Anyway, I found your blog randomly and thought I would Give you my e-mail. It's richdizogg@hotmail.com