Sunday, November 12, 2006

Friends who speak Portuguese

I was really excited last month when I discovered that Queen City Collegiate (an English school for foreigners that rents space from Western) had a new student from Brazil. I soon met Leticia and we became friends instantly. I was so excited to have someone to speak to in portuguese but I was very disappointed when I learned that she would be returning to Brazil in only a few weeks. She had come to Canada to visit her friend Carla and to imporove her English speaking skills. She and I started to do friendspeak together almost everyday. I was able to meet her friend Carla as well. Carla is half Brazilian and half Japanese and she is married to a Canadian. I am so excited that I am now able to pracitce my portuguese with Carla regularly. It was very sad to say good-bye to Leticia last week but I am excited that when I go to Brazil this summer that I will be able to visit her.

Leticia with Carla's dog

No comments: