Monday, November 20, 2006

Desiring to Desire...

About four years ago I sat in chapel at WCC and listened to the words of Tyler Laycock. He spoke about the desire to know God more. And he talked about when we don't desire to know God more we need to pray and ask God to give us the desire to desire to know Him more. And if that doesn't work to pray for the desire to desire to desire to know Him more. I think you get the point. Anyway, Tyler's words have stuck with me all these years. I often think about my desire to know God more, or my lack of desire to know Him more. Tonight I started praying that I would desire God more. I have also been praying recently for focus, because I have lost mine. I have focus, but it is on the wrong things. I'm focused on school, I'm focused on work, I'm focused on musical, I'm focused on so many things but not the most important thing. I have let other things take priority over my God in my life. With the loss of my focus I have allowed certain sins to creep back into my life and I have allowed them to make themselves at home. How I detest these sins in my life! Oh, Lord give me the desire to know you more! I feel like if I could know you better that I would be more like you. I wouldn't be this broken person who keeps falling into my old ways. Lord, transform me. Give me the desire to truly know you and become like you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
I allready have your picture up on my prayer wall, but I want you to know that I will continue praying for you. I love you Sis! *HUGS*