Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day! ...Cirque Du Soleil Was Good! and by Good I Mean...

This is my mommy, one of the most wonderful women on earth! I love her dearly!!! Last Tuesday I went to Saskatoon to spend some time with her and the rest of my family. Tuesday night my mom, dad, brother and I had supper together. Then on Wednesday I hung out with my brother Dirk pretty much all day. Good times! The whole purpose of my trip was to give my mom a Mother's day gift. Because today didn't really work with either of our schedules, I decided to change the date of Mother's Day. So for those of you who didn't get the memo, you are all 3 days late. Mother's day was actually on Thursday! So Thursday morning Mom and I took a lovely walk by the river. It was a beautiful day to enjoy the greenness of spring. Then we headed back to her place and mowed the lawn...not a terribly exciting thing to do on Mother's day but you gotta do what you gotta do. After the mowing of the lawn we got cleaned up and headed out for a lovely meal. It was over dinner that I finally told her what the surprise was. "Would you like to go to the circus??" I asked her. She was a little confused until I told her that Cirque du Soleil was in town. I think she enjoyed the show, I know that I certainly did! The show that we saw was "Delirium." One of the highlights of the show for me was that two of the songs that were performed were in Portuguese. The ongoing joke between Joyce, Cindy and myself was that "Cirque du Soleil was good, and by good I mean lots of ripped men with chiseled abs!" All joking aside they put on a fantastic show! It is probably the single most impressive show I have ever seen! If ever the opportunity arises for you to go you should take advantage of it. It is totally worth it!

Me on our Mother's Day walk by the River.


What a nice view.


Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!!!!!! I love you!

1 comment:

armacleod said...

Well, my fam also went to Circle for Mother's day sort of. But we went on the official opening night of Friday. John was joking a bit that he felt ripped off that our tickets were worth less since the new opening night was added and that we didn't get any refunds. Oh well. I thought it was an amazing show. The guys were impressive but I think the women also were quite chiseled under those costumes too. The singing was amazing and the show was non-stop. You had to look around every minute or so just to make sure you weren't missing anything!