Monday, June 25, 2007

A Couple Days Off

Every week our team gets two days off to relax and spend time with our readers outside of formal reading sessions. This last week Victor took us to see a soccer game in São Paulo. São Paulo won 2-0 against Vasco.

A post-game photo.

Lucas's reader, Adriana, invited us to have lunch at her house on our other day off. Adriana was my reader for two years while I lived in Itu. This was not my first time meeting her family but it was my first time being at her house. Her mother prepared a wonderful Brazilian meal. I'm getting hungry just remembering it!

Everyone getting ready to dig in.


Adriana's niece , Bhianca, showing me photos of here as a baby.

After lunch we piled in Adriana's car and she took us to see Parque do Varvito. This park used to be a rock quarry where they mined Varvito which is a rock that was formed from the sediment of glacial lakes. If you're interested in geology, visit this site to read more about Varvito in English. I like the park very much, it is a great place to go for a relaxing walk. It was so great to get to hang out with Adriana and her family all day. Brazilians are such hospitable people and love to open up their homes to visitors and they'll bend over backwards to do anything they can to help you.

Katie with a tree in Varvito Park.


Adriana, two of her English students, Lucas and Katie at Varvito Park.


My team in front of some of the Varvito stone.

No comments: