Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Three Months

Can you believe that it has been three months since I left Canada?? I'm beginning to believe it as our dinner conversations have started turning toward preparing for our return to Canada. The time we have been here is now greater than the time that we have left. In 10 short weeks we are going to be starting our journey back to Canada. So much has happened in these three months and my words don't seem sufficient to describe it. I've been thinking recently about the reasons that God brought me here to India. Of course I am here to home school Autumn and Andrew but even that has become so much more than just school. It brings a smile to my face to see how my relationship with those two crazy kids has grown and changed over the last three months. I think with Autumn it was more natural just because she's a girl. With Andrew it took a little more time. Over the last few weeks especially I've enjoyed feeling closer to this "little goober" as I've started to call him. The kids came up with a name for our little family here in India, the McPerhouses (McMillan, Perry and Stonehouse all wrapped up into one). It's good to be a McPerhouse! Maybe later I'll share more about some of the other reasons I think God brought me here to India.

No comments: