Friday, September 19, 2008

Wilton Course 3: Fondant and Tiered Cakes


Right now I am taking Course 3 of the Wilton cake decorating classes. This is the first of my class projects.


It was an 8x8 chocolate cake with cappuccino filling, covered in fondant. It was way easier to cover a cake with fondant than I had imagined it would be. I took some creative liberties with the design because I didn't like everything about the example in the book. I like mine better. :) The full bow on top was something to learn from. I'll do a few things differently the next time I try one of those. I gave this cake to Raysha, the best India roommate ever, for her birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job!!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you could definetly do this as a career! Your cakes are amazing!

Anonymous said...

You do amazing work.