Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gum Paste Roses


Micheal's Craft Store offered a one night class on making gum paste roses. There were only two of us who took the class which in my opinion was a good thing because the instructor was more available than if there had been a whole room of people. It was fun to learn how to work with a new medium for cake decorating. Working with gum paste is actually a lot like working with play dough...a more mature play dough I guess you could say. In two and half hours I was able to make 4 roses. Keep in mind that I was just learning how to do it so it took longer than simply making them. I think that with practice it would take less time but it is certainly a painstaking process. I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out for being my first attempt at them.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

hmm, very pretty. Don't think I would have the patience, though.