Tuesday, December 18, 2007

He Finally Has A Name


When I started writing this post my poor little fish was still nameless. There were far fewer comments left on my post in which I solicited ideas for names for my fish than I had hoped there would be. The two that I have liked the best so far were Indy and Samson but when I started writing I still hadn't been able to commit as I kept thinking I might find something better. Up until now I have just been referring to him as fish but I've already had a fish in my past who was named Fish. I ran across this website yesterday morning. It's a list of names for male fish. There was also a list of female names here, and a list of "gender free" names here. Some of the names listed made me laugh because I know people by those names, my brother for example. There's also a number of Brazilian names listed there but I still found nothing that I really liked. I've thought more than once about naming him Peixe or Peixinho, the Portuguese words for fish and little fish but it still didn't seem right. I think it's time to finally settle on something and so my poor nameless little fish shall remain nameless no more!

Thank you Heather Smith for your contribution of INDY. When I first read Heather's comment I thought she came up with it because of his colour, like a play on indigo but after talking to her one Sunday morning at church I learned the real reasons. Her idea was because I'm about to leave for India. Also she was reminded of Indiana (Indy) Jones and all of his adventures. I liked the name even more after hearing how she came up with it so Indy it is!

Oh and by the way, there are 21 days left until I leave for India.

1 comment:

Heather said...

hooo hooo I'm a weiner, I mean a whiner...wait wait...a winner!!! Too cool on picking Indy.

Only 21 days!! Wow - time is flying fast!