Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Lisa Jane


Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. Friendship is a rare and precious thing to find in this life. I consider myself blessed because I have a friend, who understands me and accepts me just the way I am. She loves me no matter what and she challenges me to be more Christlike in all that I do. Lisa and I met in grade 8. I had just started at a new school and was an extremely shy and timid kid. Lisa was the first person to talk to me and now we laugh about the fact that it took three days before she even said hello. :) Over the years, she and I have laughed together, we've cried together and we've even argued together. It is interesting to note that for the most part we can't even remember why we ever argued. Lisa is my best friend and I am so thankful for her. Our friendship has endured time and distance. It has been 13 years since she and I became friends and we have remained close even when we've lived in separate places. Lisa, I appreciate everything about you! Thank you for always being there for me no matter what the need and no matter how small or great the distance was between us. You are a true gift from God. I love you! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your love of Jesus has inspired me! My heart is warmed over with the spirit of the lord. Hallelujah! Amen!

Trail Rider said...

I think you came around my blog a while ago, maybe after my sons death? can't remember....

Anyway, good to run into your blog. You even have me side linked i see!

Well, I'm going to add you to my side bar and catch up with you when I can.
Take care Pam!