Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Some of you may think I'm late but I'm actually right on time for the Stonehouse family Christmas celebration. Both mom and I were working on the 25th so this year my family celebrated Christmas on the 29th. It was a little bit strange for me this year as it was the first time in my entire life where I haven't had holidays at Christmas. No sleeping in and lazing around for me, just work, work, work this year. It was nice that we were able to take time today as a family. It is most likely the last time that all five of us will be together before I leave for India.

This time of year is a celebration of the coming of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, Immanuel, God with us. God with us! How incredible of a thought is that?! God in the weakest of human forms. I look at the tiny new born babies that are arriving in our congregation right now and I can't help but think of what a contrast it is to have God in that form, tiny and helpless and completely dependent for his physical needs. God, who created and sustains, as a baby.


My challenge for myself and for you this Christmas season is to not leave the baby in the manger. Remember that He came with a purpose and that purpose was accomplished with His death on the cross. But we can't leave him on the cross either because he rose and is alive and is coming back. How can we keep that to ourselves? We have a responsibility to share that with those who don't know. This time of year isn't about a fat man in a red suit coming to visit us, it's about God with us, not only then but now and always!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Oh and by the way, there are 10 days left until I leave for India.

No comments: