Saturday, May 10, 2008

ANTS...MADDENING!!!!!!!!!!!

It is 3:15 am while I am writing this. At 2:30 I awoke to the sensation of being eaten alive by ants. This is not the first time that I have found them in my bed but it is the first time that I have been covered with them from head to toe. At first I thought that perhaps I was only imagining the biting sensations on my legs and I tried to ignore them. I often feel phantom bug bites here especially when I've recently seen ants. Finally I could take it no longer and started searching by the light of my i-pod (I tell you those things have more uses than you could imagine!). After finding at least a dozen ants hanging on to my legs with death grip bites and another half dozen crawling around at the foot of the mattress I decided I couldn't spare Raysha and I needed to turn on a light. Thankfully the power is actually on right now and so that option even existed. Shortly I discovered about a million ants on my bed and on me. I promptly headed to the shower, with towel in hand, praying that there would be water to take a shower with. By the grace of God the flow of water lasted long enough to get me semi-rinsed off with only a thin layer of soap residue. Being that it's stupid early in the morning I don't want to pull out the deadly spray to fumigate my mattress when Raysha is sleeping in the same room, so since she de-antified the extra bed only yesterday afternoon and Bonnie is staying out at Kalapani tonight I will simply lay my head on that bed and allow the evil creatures run of my own until later this morning when, unbeknown to them, they have a blind date with the SuperDuperAntKillingSpray... I HATE ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: