Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Discovery Camp Part II

So now that I've told you about my sickie story and you're all done feeling sorry for me ;) I'll go on to the goodness that was camp. The theme of camp was Moments With The Master. So each lesson we focused on a different scene from the life of Christ. The classes, taught by Ray and Shyam, were top quality. I had the opportunity to participate in some great discussions with new friends. I really came away from camp feeling spiritually fed. It's been a while since I've had those kinds of conversations and it did me good. Camp wasn't all serious though. I had a blast just hanging out and playing volleyball, badminton, frizbee and even a little hacky sack. Some of my favorite moments were when the Indians would start singing and dancing. They sure know how to have a good time. Autumn, Raysha and I stayed out at camp from Friday until Sunday. It was good to have more time to just hang out with everyone.

On Saturday morning team "get BENT" arrived out at camp and were welcomed warmly. The afternoon activity for the day was to climb the Kalapani mountain. This was time number two for me and I was kind of glad that we took a much easier route this time around. The mountain is much greener now than when we first arrived in India. This can bee seen from the Bread of Life school yard but I was really struck by the difference as we climbed. If you check out my pictures from our first climb you'll see what a difference there is.

A much more pleasant incline than where we ascended the first time.


Rosalin, Rael, and Paua.


I love that Jiten, Timothy and Rubika are all posing for this one.


Jiten and a couple of the girls from Nagaland.


Jiten getting a little boost.


Nic has brought Rider pride to India.


The boy truly has no fear.


Autumn, Raysha and Timothy


This was the same boulder that Jiten got a boost for. Timothy is amazing, he got up all by himself!


It is a really BIG boulder!


A breathtaking view.


I'm pretty sure he was contemplating whether or not he could make the jump.


On Sunday we said goodbye to all of our new friends. It was especially sad because Sanglalray and Timothy, who have been here for the last 3 months taking Bible classes with Ray, also left. We sure will miss having them around.

Here is the group shot of everyone who participated in camp.

No comments: