Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One And 21

So in exactly one month from today I will be leaving Guwahati. That reality brings a mix of emotions. I know that I am going to miss this place when I'm gone but if I'm honest I am ready to go home. I am really looking forward to hanging out with my family, I've missed them. Hopefully they're looking forward to hanging out with me too. :) There's some other people I'm looking forward to seeing too, if they haven't forgotten who I am by now. I admitted to Ellen today that the hotter it gets the more I think about going home.

I am leaving India as a different person than when I came. If you want to change your life, go hang out in a foreign country for half a year or better yet make it a full one or even two. You can't help but be changed. I've learned a lot during my time here in India. Maybe someday I'll feel like sharing with the blogging community, right now I don't. I thank God for not allowing me to stay in my comfort zone.

And as for the 21 part of the title of this post. Today Tyler Butel is celebrating his 21st birthday with us here in Guwahati. In the photo below he is sporting his Birthday gifts, an Indian outfit that we all pitched in for and a mustache given to him by Andrew, since even at 21 he can't grow a decent one. Happy Birthday Tyler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tyler Butel, what the heck are you doing in India?

It's been a week or two since I've read your blog, Pam, and I had a weird moment of "Hey, I know that guy, but I don't associate these people together in my mind."