Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Mom. What a wonderful name. My mom is amazing. She and I go way back. Further back than I go with anyone else in this world. :) She is one of my favorite people ever. I miss her a lot right now. No matter how hard anyone could try they would never be able to take the place of my mom. That said I have been blessed with some special women in my life who have mentored me and have acted as mother's to me in the absence of my own. I think about LaVonne Roberts and Mary Gurel who worked tirelessly as dorm mothers during my time at WCC. I also think about a very special Brazilian woman, Zezé who adopted me as her daughter while I was living in Brazil. Que saudades da minha mãe brazileira! Of course I think too of my mom's mom, grandma Parry, another one of my favorite people ever. And even right now I am blessed to be living with Ellen, an excellent substitute mom. :) I love all of these women very much and I just want to take this moment to tell them all, Happy Mother's Day from me.

No comments: