Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Last Weekend On Duty

This past weekend was officially my very last day of ever being on duty in the dorms! WOOHOO! Last year I was living in the dorm and working as a Residence Assistant or R.A. This year i decided against living in the dorm. I guess I wanted my own space. Student Life "asked" me if I would be in the rotation of Adult in charge for weekends. Really the asking part was only for the appearance of politeness. It was basically implied that I was expected to say yes. So anyway, every six weeks I got to be the adult in charge on campus...scary I know! haha. IO never really minded very much. It just meant that every six weeks I had a very exhausting weekend. One of my least favorite things about being on duty was planning activities. No matter what you plan the kids never seem to want to participate, and then they complain about being bored and having nothing to do...grrr! Anyway, this weekend I planned a snow sculpting competition, complete with prizes. Guess how many came out to participate...a whopping TWO! One of them being one of the R.A.s on duty with me. So my friends Nadine, Cassandra and I sculpted a ginormous (That's a Pamelaism) caterpillar. Cass named him LochnessSnowy...I'm not really sure why. It was a lot of fun and by the end we were soaking wet! When it was all over we enjoyed our prize as the undisputed snow sculpting champions. :)

Here is Nadine Rolling a ball of snow.


Cass was having a few problems.


I found I got more leverage this way.


Snow is surprisingly heavy!


Water and Food colouring in a spray bottle did the trick for giving some colour to our caterpillar.


Cass and Nadine putting on the finishing touches


You can see in this pic. how much water was sitting underneath the snow.


Here are the artists with their creation.


And here is the finished product!

2 comments:

armacleod said...

You can never get everyone happy for some strange reason but the caterpillar is very nice!

Anonymous said...

HE is soo cute!! I love it!! This was soo much fun!!
Beijos!!
Cass
p.s. hmm I wonder if I spelled that right! lol