Monday, February 25, 2008

The Big Hike!

Ever since I first went out to the Bread of Life Academy at Kalapani I have wanted to climb the hill that is out there. Yesterday was the day. I had SO much fun! Probably the most memorable thing I've done since arriving in India! It was a reasonable day temperature wise which made our hike a very pleasant one. I don't think that I would have enjoyed it as much had it been any warmer out. There were quite a lot of thorns to work our way through but I managed to come out unscathed for the most part. Just a few scratches here and there. It was quite the climb but totally worth it to experience the amazing view from up top! It was also great to spend some time visiting and getting to know the students from the Bread of Life Institute. I hope that we get to do it again sometime. We were up on the hill for a good two hours but we could easily have spent many more hours exploring.


The two buildings in the centre of this picture are Bread of Life Academy and Institute.


This is Jiten, not sure about the spelling on that but it's pronounced like G-10.


Jiten and Andrew.


Ray Guite


Raja, Ray, me, Samuel and Timothy


Raja, Ray, Samuel and Timothy taking a breather and enjoying the view.


Samuel pointing out some detail to the group.


So I told you I feel like a giant in the is country right? This picture illustrates it.


Raysha fits in much better size-wise.


I love this picture of Samuel. It illustrates the immensity of the boulders we were climbing.


It may not look terribly high but it sure was!


He didn't get up there by himself, he was given a boost.


Autumn, Ray and Raja.


We passed by this house on our way back to the Bread of Life Academy.


Samuel and Jiten walking through the rice paddies on our way back to the school.








He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth—the LORD God Almighty is his name.
Amos 4:13

2 comments:

Nic said...

looks great.
tell Timothy that I say hello!!

thanks.

Thunderbird said...

Hey Pamela! Wow what awesome pics...yes you do look like a giant in that pic...LOL. So has Raysha jacked any cars over there yet? Tell that fox I said "Hi." Take care Pamela..will be praying for you.