Thursday, July 26, 2007

Final Party, Talent Show

Our final LST party was held on July 14th, I know I am still waaaaay behind in my blogging. So in order to remedy that this will be short and to the point and you can all just enjoy the pictures. We began the evening with a talent show. We didn't have many acts but the ones we did have were steller! Then Lucas, Katie and I presented each of our readers who were present with certificates of participation. After the presentations we enjoyed some good food and visiting. It was a pretty sad evening for me, saying good-bye to all of my readers. Many tears were shed as we wrapped up the evening. I've always said that the one thing that I don't like about LST projects is saying good-bye. After six weeks of reading scripture one on one with someone it is really hard to just leave them. I need to remind myself frequently that God has used me to help plant seeds and that He will provide others to water those seeds and that He himself is the one who will bring the growth. What a mighty God we serve!

Lucas's reader, Stefano singing and playing guitar.


Lucas's reader, Matheus playing his trumpet.


Ivan and Davi.


Davi is a very talented musician.


The captivated audience.


This was taken after the talent show as people were eating and visiting.


Here we are with some of our readers.


Me with Magda and her kids, Matheus and Anna.



No comments: