Thursday, July 26, 2007

Katie and Lucas's Last Sunday in Brazil

July 15th was Lucas and Katie's last Sunday in Brazil. João, on behalf of the Itu congregation, presented each of us with Portuguese/English Bibles and a package of yummy Brazilian coffee. I have to admit that as I stood at the front listening to what was said I had a great feeling of thankfulness that it wasn't yet my turn to be leaving. The thought of only having one week left was sad but it was better than the thought of leaving that very evening.

Katie and Lucas both brought so much to our team. I admire both of them for their dedication to preparing and going somewhere new to share their faith with others. I am very thankful for the time I was able to spend with them over the months leading up to this project and for the six weeks that we spent together in Itu. We had a lot of good times and I will look back fondly on the memories that were made. The following pictures were taken on their last morning in Itu.

Receiving a hug from my Brazilian father, João.


Lucas being presented with his gift.


Katie, last but not least.


Katie said a few words of thanks to the congregation and Vitinho translated for her.

No comments: