Friday, July 06, 2007

Week Four And Our Canada Day Celebration

Once again it has been too long since I have posted a blog. This is again a catch up blog. This last week was a busy one as always, filled with lots of reading sessions and preparation for Saturday's party.

Here I am with my reader Karla. She is a very sweet girl and I love spending time with her! She studies here in Itu but her family lives about 1 and a half hours away.


Lucas in a reading session with Vera.


Katie reading with Adelino.


Here I am with André. André is married and has a son. He works a lot but I am so happy that he makes coming to our reading sessions a priority. André has many good insights into the biblical texts that we are reading together. I enjoy our sessions together very much!


Saturday was June 30th and so we decided to have an early Canada Day celebration. During this Saturday's party we had lots of Canadian trivia with prizes for those who got the most correct. We did face painting and gave out rub on tattoos. We shared a yummy cake and ended the evening with the Canadian anthem and some fireworks in the street. We'll just say that we only set off one of the fireworks because it was traffic stopping to say the least. :)


Katie, Lucas and Myself before the festivities began.


I ordered this cake to be a white cake with strawberry filling and to be iced in white. Then I picked it up and transformed it into a Canadian flag using fresh, chopped up strawberries. It wasn't my original plan but I had to improvise and I guess it turned out all right in the end.


Katie and her stylish rub on tats.


Getting some hints for the Canadian trivia games.


Katie and Jessica looking oh so cute!


Bruno and myself.


Canada Day fun.


After the fireworks were given up on we played with red and silver sparklers.

No comments: