Thursday, July 12, 2007

Saying Good-Bye

Sunday morning we said good-bye to a number of different people. The group of Americans from San Angelo left on Sunday evening and so did the LST team from Oklahoma Christian University. They have been working in the nearby city of Salto. Sunday morning was a bilingual worship service and many public thank-yous and good-byes were said. It made me glad that my team still had one more week here to continue reading and also glad that for me it would be another two weeks before I would have to say good-bye to my church family here in Itu. After worship was over my little friend, Ligia, came running up to give me a hug and was saying, "Please don't go! I don't want you to go away! Please stay!" It practically made me cry! When I told her that I wasn't leaving yet and that I was going to be staying for two more weeks her eyes lit up and she squeezed my neck even harder. I can remember when I first came to Itu 4 years ago and she would try to talk to me and I didn't understand anything she said. Over the years we have become good buddies and we talk with each other a lot!


Here I am with my little buddy Ligia. She makes my heart smile!


After church Katiie, Lucas, Vitinho and I went to Regina's house for lunch. Regina is a sweet, sweet woman from the church. She has to children, Iara who is studying architecture in University and Alexandre who is still in high school. After lunch a lot more people came over for desert and fun.


Iara, Brooke and Katie in the kitchen getting Iara's special desert ready.


The boys playing cards in the backyard.


I love this picture of Brooke and I. She is probably the sweetest person I have ever met in my life. I think God broke the mold when he made her. We are eating Iara's special desert which I dubbed "Milagre Na Minha Boca" or in English, "Miracle in My Mouth." It was fantastic. If you invite me to your house when I get back maybe I'll make it for you. :)


This is Regina and I and the dog, Biba. I love Regina so much. She has taught me so much over the years about being a woman of faith. She holds a very special place in my heart. Biba may look sweet but don't let looks deceive you!

1 comment:

ann said...

Great pics with Regina and Iara... I miss them so much!