Thursday, January 10, 2008

Flight Delays and Free Wireless

Well, the countdown is over, I have officially left for India. This first update is coming way sooner than I had anticipated it would. I left Saskatoon this morning at 7:20 but I was on my way through security at about 6:30. A big thanks to Mom, Dirk, Bob and Sharon for coming out and seeing me off at such an early hour. I felt kind of like a star with all the cameras that were shooting pictures of me! My plane landed in Calgary as my flight to Vancouver was starting to board. I met up with Ray, Ellen, Raysha and the kids before getting on the plane. It was good to see their smiling faces that early in the morning. We've now been in the Vancouver airport for 7.5 hours. We were supposed to be here for 7 hours but now they're telling us that our flight to Hong Kong has been delayed for an hour. Anyway, with the news of a delay I decided that it was time for some laptop solitaire. I'm glad I pulled this puppy out because If I hadn't I wouldn't have discovered free wireless internet. Thank you YVR!!! I mean writing a blog update is way more fun than watching the guy across from me pick his nose! And he's been diggin' for gold for a solid ten minutes now...eewwwe! We had quite a few people from the church here in Vancouver stop in and visit with us so that was nice. I actually knew two of them, Jim Hawkins and Mike Parker. So another big thank you to all who came out to see us here in Vancouver. Hmmm, as I'm writing this they've just announced that there is going to be more of a delay than expected and that they are anticipating a 2am departure. Oh the joy of air travel! On that joyous note I'm gonna sign off for now. Stay tuned for more stories of my misadventures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting your arrival in Hong Kong...can't seem to track you..anywhere
Sharon