Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hong Kong, Day 2, Disneyland


Day two in Hong Kong held a pretty big surprise for me. The plan was to go to Disneyland. This was probably the last thing that I had imagined us doing while we were here but I have to admit that the kid inside of me was pretty pumped! There were lots of highlights from the day. A definite one was Space Mountain! We went twice right off the bat.

(Photo shamelessly stolen from Harmony's Facebook album.)

Another highlight for me was meeting some of the Disney characters. I didn’t get to meet some of my favourites like Tigger or Mickey Mouse but we did take pictures with Goofy, Pluto and Buzz Lightyear.




Maybe my favourite thing from the whole day was watching the Celebration of The Lion King musical presentation. The Lion King is one of my favourite Disney animated movies and I thoroughly enjoyed the show. It was done in English with a couple of creatures that translated some of the key dialogue into Cantonese along the way. Everything was so well done, the costumes, the props, the singing, acrobatics and I especially enjoyed the pyrotechnics.






Ray, Ellen, Raysha and I saw a second show while Harmony and the kids hit up Space Mountain a few more time. The Golden Mickeys show was almost as impressive as the Lion King had been. It also included a lot of singing, acrobatics and even pyrotechnics. I’m glad I chose the show over another round of Space Mountain, even though it was tempting!







After a fun filled day at Disneyland Harmony took Autumn, Raysha and I out for some Chinese food. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to enjoy Chinese food in Canada again.





It was a fun filled day where my inner child roamed free for just a little while. If you’d like to see more pictures of the day visit my facebook album.

No comments: