Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions???


Do you make New Years Resolutions?

I normally don't. For me there is just too much hype about making big changes just because it is a new year. After all isn't each day a new day? If you want to make a change what's to stop you from making it right now? That's just my opinion I guess. At the same time I think it's a good thing to stop and reflect about your life and which direction you're headed and which direction you want to be headed and whether or not you need to make some minor or even major course corrections in order to get there. Anyway with all that said, I have set a goal for myself this year. Every year Dave Patterson challenges the members of our congregation to read through the Bible over the span of the year. I've tried it before and always seem to fall off the bandwagon. I'm going to try again this year and my goal is to succeed this time! Spending time in the Word on a daily basis is something that I always seem to struggle with. It's something that I want to do but don't always accomplish. I'm hoping that by having a scheduled reading for each day that it will help me to stick to it. I'm not under any delusions that I'm never going to miss a day but I would really like to able to say at this time next year that I finished it all, Genesis through Revelation. So tune in again next year and I'll let you know how it went. :)

Oh and by the way, there are 7 days left until I leave for India...My visa arrived yesterday with a whole week to spare!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good resolution Pamela - I'm trying for it too.

I've been reading a number of blogs (mostly people I don't know) and one guy talked about picking resolutions based on one word - he had picked Silence - to be silent and let God speak, instead of doing all the talking. I liked his idea and I think mine this year is going to be Trust. Something the good Lord has been working on with me this past year and I still need work on.
Perhaps your word would be Perserverance (I think I spelt that wrong)- to get through the Bible this year *G*

Raja said...

i liked ur blog...u r pretty much simple..but i guess..u like too much of writing...

anyways...wish u a happy 2008..take care