Thursday, January 10, 2008

YVR...My New Home???

Well, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever leave. We arrived at the Vancouver International Airport at 9:30am (Vancouver time) yesterday morning and we were supposed to leave at 4:30pm (Vancouver time). The rumour I've heard circulating amoung my fellow passengers is that there was mechanical problems with the plane and that they needed to have a part shipped from Montreal...I'm not sure how accurate that information is but something about the delay is accurate enough that last night they shipped us all to a hotel. As we followed the crowd from our gate I had an uneasy feeling of a sheep being led to the slaughter. I'm pretty sure that we took the most out of the way route to get to where we were going. My fears were not alleviated until we actually arrived at the hotel and they gave us two rooms for the 6 of us. We got ourselves settled, sent a few emails and got ourselves a bite to eat at the restaurant. Just to give you an idea of the state that the hotel was in after receiving an influx of passengers from an entire flight, the lady who brought our place settings to the table told us that she actually works in housekeeping...As Ray put it, she must have been drafted. At 9:30pm (Vancouver Time) We all decided to sleep. Unfortunately I didn't. I did lay down and rested but couldn't get my mind to slow down. We were all back in the hotel lobby by 11:45 to take the midnight shuttle back to the airport. So here I sit again. If we leave "on time" at 2am (4am Saskatchewan time, which we're all still operating on. 30 minutes less than 24 hours since I got out of bed to start this adventure) it will have been 16.5 hours since we arrived, almost long enough to grow some roots I think. Time will only tell if we actually leave on time. My opinion is that I'll stay as long as it takes for them to be able to assure me that the plane I'm on is safe! As we wait this morning I had some time to upload some pictures. Enjoy!

Ray, Ellen and Jim Hawkins, when we were still just sitting out a 7 hour layover.


Autumn and I getting friendly with my new friend the moose. :)


Autumn, Andrew and Raysha in front of the very cool aquarium in the international departure area of YVR.


Savouring the last few drops of my last Tim Horton's coffee...I'll miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I meant to leave the previous comment on this page.
Sharon