Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Home Sweet Home

As you can see from my previous posts blogger has stopped hating me and I've finally gotten some pictures posted. Yay! A lot has happened in the last two weeks. I've had my first, and what I had hoped would be my last, experience of being sick in India. Unfortunately after about 4 days of feeling good again I had my second experience of being sick in India. I think I've had my fill of being sick in India!


On Friday we made the big move into our new home. That's it in the picture. We occupy the second floor. The owners live on the first. It was a busy weekend as we worked at unpacking and getting settled in. It's an ongoing process really.

Today was a pretty exciting day. First of all we got internet hooked up. Maybe you heard the cheer we all sent up from where you are? We were all pretty excited, and still are actually!

The other big excitement for me today was that I made some Brazilian friends! I can still hardly believe it. Fabiano and Ducy Prado and their little ten month old daughter Karin. Ray actually met Fabiano while running some errands yesterday and got his business card. I called him up last night and then they came over to the house this afternoon. We visited for at least an hour and a half before they had to leave. They have been living in India for the last three years. Fabiano is going to university and Pastoring a church. Unfortunately they are on their way back to Brazil next week to resolve some visa issues as well as introduce their daughter to their families. Lord willing they will be returning to Guwahati in the middle of May. I am still completely amazed that I connected with Brazilians here. My Brazilian father, João told me on MSN that Brazilians are like ants, you can find one everywhere. I'm beginning to believe that it's true. What a blessing to make new friends, especially ones who speak Portuguese! :)

No comments: