Friday, January 19, 2007

A Final Installment of Holiday pictures

We stopped to take this picture on the way to Regina.


My Grandmother is the coolest lady in the world!


Here we are again looking awfully cute!


The snowboarding experience!


The skiing experience!


My little roommate Joyce.


Victor and I went to a Spiritual Formation Retreat. It was a requirement for a class that I am taking this semester and he tagged along. I think that he enjoyed it. I know I did. God did some softening of my heart in areas that have been hard for a long time now.


Retreat was held at a place called "Camp Lutherland" I honestly don't know what possessed them to give it such a name! The camp is right on Lake _______. Logan and I went out on the lake with Vitinho during some free time to talk to the people who were out ice fishing. Vitinho was very nervous about walking on the frozen lake! He was afraid that the ice was going to break. I would have been nervous too if I was him!


Here he is on top of the hill looking out over the lake.


Here is the group that participated in the retreat. We're missing Jennifer Kerr because she was taking the picture.


Here's Brett and I flexing in front of the Legislative building. When I'm around Brett we're nearly always doing something silly! :)


For me the funniest part about this picture is that the hands and ears are pink and Vitinho is BROWN!!!!!


Michelle stopped in on her way back to Ketepawa. This was the last time that they saw each other so they had to say good-bye. So sad!


It happened to be snowing when Michelle was on her way through Regina which delighted Vitinho. This was the first time since he had arrived that it had snowed. He was beginning to think that he was going to have to leave without having seen snow fall. Michelle went outside with him (I was a wimp and didn't want to go out in the cold) and they took some pictures and made a video. Michelle wrote him a little message on the windshield of the car. :)



There is a Taylor downtown called Victor Silva. We had to take a picture of Mr. Victor Petri Silva himself with the sign.


Here he is going for a spin in the gyroscope at the Science Centre. That thing is totally scary!!!! I was too chicken to go completely upside down.


Making giant bubbles at the Science Centre.


Yes he does!
Side note: It was RIDICULOUSLY cold out that afternoon!


We drove back to Saskatoon on Friday evening and stopped at the care home where mom works so that they could have one last good-bye. I nearly cried watching them say good-bye.


Vitinho want one last romp in the snow before he left to go back to Brazil. This was taken in a snow drift behind the house at the farm. He has a slightly difficult time walking through it.


And here is the picture I mentioned in an earlier post of when he let himself fall back into the snow and exclaimed "Que Deliçia!!" (Translation: how delicious!!)

Those are the last of the pictures I have to share of Vitinho's time here in Canada. It's kind of sad to wrap it up. It is hard to believe that he's been gone for just over a week now. The first few days were really hard on me. I felt pretty depressed. The fact that I'm now really busy with school prevents me from being as sad as I could easily be. I am thankful for the blessing of the Internet and programs like skype that make it easy and affordable to keep in touch. I miss my little brother and I know that he misses being here. I am so very thankful that he was able to come and meet my family and see a little bit of my world. I have wonderful memories that I will cherish forever. I hope that the trip meant as much to him as it did to me.

Estou com muitas saudades de você querido Vitinho!!!! Obrigada por ter vindo!!! Eu te amo meu irmãozinho chatinho!!!! beijos!

No comments: