Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Meeting Jospehine Johanna Prenevost

I went to Saskatoon this past weekend because I wanted to go to the hospital and visit Auntie Jewel and little Josie. On Thursday night my mom called to tell me that the hospital was closed to visitors because it was under quarantine because of Norwalk virus. I decided to go anyway with the hope that Jewel and Josie would be released while I was there. I spent Saturday afternoon and evening at Lisa and Paul's house . It was nice to visit with them and get to play with my niece Cadence. She is growing so fast!

Mommy and baby were not released on Saturday and on Sunday morning it sounded like they wouldn't be released until sometime mid-week. After church mom dropped me off at the bus depot and I was about to head back to Regina when she called my cell phone to tell me that they were being released that afternoon. I was so thankful that my bus hadn't left yet! Mom came back and picked me up and we went over to Jewel and Lou's place to watch Sarah while Lou went to pick up Auntie Jewel and Josie. Mom had to leave before they got back because she had to work at three.
Before Lou left for the hospital Sarah was dragging around the car seat saying, "It's to carry, it's to carry!" It was the cutest thing ever!


This was my first time babysitting little miss Sarah. I love this little girl to bits!!!! She is soooo photogenic! I'm jealous!


Sarah sort of ignored mom and played with me. I had so much fun loving on her!


As soon as I put her cowboy hat on her she went and got her stuffed unicorn named Neigh so that she could ride him. TOO CUTE!!!!!


The next thing I knew I was riding Neigh and Sarah was riding Neigh Jr.


I was so excited to be a part of Josie's homecoming! Sarah wasn't too sure about it I think. She looked in the car seat as I took Josie out and said "There's the baby" but then she kind of ignored her. It took a lot of coaxing to get her to sit on my knee and have a picture taken of the three of us.


Here she is in all her cuteness!


With her being such a big baby, I half expected her to look like a 2 month old. I was glad to see that she still looked like a newborn even if she weighed like a 2 month old! She is very long! She's going to be tall like her mommy and like her big sister...who is very tall for a 2 year old!


When I brought out the prayer blanket that I had made for Josie, Sarah decided that it was perfect for her, so she got to try it out before Josie did.


When Sarah seemed to have lost interest in the blanket I layed it out to get some pictures of Josie with it. Sarah didn't really like that idea and was pushing her feet underneath it and trying to pull it out from under Josie. I took the pictures quickly and gave the blanket back to Sarah.


Those long fingers are destined to play the piano like her mommy. She's five days old here and the kid could practically palm a basketball!


I love this picture of Mommy and Sisters. Sarah didn't want to have a picture at first but once I put her on mommy's knee she started to check Josie out a little. Touching her even. I think Sarah might go through some sibling jealousy until she gets used to sharing mommy and daddy with her new little sister.

It was such a blessing to see my new little cousin Josie and to spend time with Sarah. Because I was living in Brazil when Sarah was born I didn't get to meet her until 3 days before she turned one. Our second meeting was her second birthday. Since then I've been blessed to spend quite a bit of time with her and for that I am thankful. I didn't want to have to wait that long with Josie. Not only was I in the same country this time but even in the same province! I had to take advantage of the opportunity . To top it off the Prenevost family is on the move soon. They will be spending their maternity leave in Prince Albert and so it will be even further from Regina than Saskatoon is. That made actually getting to see her this weekend even more special. As otherwise our first meeting could easily have been months from now. I am looking forward to that next meeting, hopefully sooner rather than later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pamela,
You have such an incredible gift for writing! I just found your blog and have sat here reading for a very long time. It sounds like you had an amazing Christmas break and I can't wait to meet "little" Josie. Hopefully we can get a longer visit sometime when you are in Saskatoon. The holidays were a bit crazy for us too and we are happy that life has slowed down a bit with Josiah at home!

Anonymous said...

I love looking at baby pictures. Baby's giving your lap a 2 thumbs up. Little Sarah looks very unhappy in most of those photos.