Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More Pictures of Holiday Adventures

OK, here are pictures from after Salena left up until Christmas. I'll save the Christmas ones and following for the next blog. This way there's at least some more pictures to see.

I really enjoyed watching him experiencing new things and enjoying those things no matter how little they seemed. Here he is plugging a parking metre...something they don't have in Itu. I wish I had taken pictures of him shoveling the snow, or pumping the gas into the car, things that he doesn't get to do in Brazil and maybe things that I appeared to get frustrated with him for wanting to do here. If I had it to do over I would make sure he knew how amused I was at being able to watch him experience those kinds of things instead of maybe appearing frustrated that it took longer for him to scrape the ice of my windshield than if I had done it myself. Thanks Victor for scraping the ice off my car, even if you were slow:)


I did get a picture of him vacuuming up pine needles from the Christmas tree though! I think he really liked to vacuum.


Victor and I decorated the tree together. So much fun!!! Wish I could go back in time right now!

OK, funny story, the night we set up the Christmas tree Victor, my dad and I went outside to get the tree and bring it in. When Victor closed the screen door the latch broke and we were all 3 of us locked outside! My dad had to take the door off of the hinges in order for us to get back in the house. Vitinho felt slightly embarrassed I think and could possibly be annoyed that I'm telling the story on my blog. Sorry Vitinho, but it's too good not to tell! I had almost forgotten about this!

This was a very common sight, Victor taking pictures! He took some really cool ones. Maybe that will be another post by itself. Cool Pictures Vitinho took in Canada:)


Vitinho looking cold during a walk/photo shoot down by the river.


A little hard to see but he wrote his name in the snow.


My little "Victorcicle"


He made me nervous when he was going down the bank of the river, I had visions of him falling through the ice or something. He totally thought I was overreacting!


Here he is taking another picture.


And here I am taking a picture of him taking a picture. HAHAHA!


Cool Lamppost Pic


This one shows less lamppost and more bridge.


After walking and taking MANY pictures, we went ice skating. He did really well and never fell once!!!!

2 comments:

ann said...

I LOVE THESE! My favorite is the Victorcicle picture... oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. :-D

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates. I was wondering what had happened to you.