Saturday, February 23, 2008

Effloresce = Bloom

Tim posted a link on his blog to a cool site, FreeRice. I like it a lot so I'm posting it too. You are given a word and four options to choose from as it's meaning. If you get it right you get a harder word, if you get it wrong you get an easier one. For every word you get correct 20 grains of rice are donated to the United Nations World Food Program. So go improve your vocabulary and feed hungry people. Joyce, I think you'd like this and be really good at it! I was surprised at how many I didn't know that I still got right. The title of this post is an example. A word that came up that seemed appropriate for myself was "wanderlust = urge to travel." :)

P.S. Tonight I donated 3,000 grains of rice and my vocab level is at 36...whatever that means.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pamela!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I donated 500 grains of rice, and then I got bored. I have a short attention span. But there were some complicated words there.

Joyce