Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flexibility in The Words of My Rockstar Friend JJK

In a recent email to my good friend Jennifer I told her about some of the ways in which God has been growing and stretching me since I arrived in India. I told her that this growing and stretching can sometimes be painful but I know that it is necessary. Her response was such a good one that I felt I needed to share it with you. So in the words of Jennifer Jade Kerr,

"I know the growing and stretching part is hard, but hang in there. It's like an elastic band. Have you ever tried to stretch an old elastic band that has been lost in a drawer for a long time? It doesn't stretch, it just falls into pieces and bits of weird powdery stuff. It's gross, but this relates, I promise. We have to keep stretching and flexing, otherwise we just sit around and get crusty, and then when we do try to stretch - we fall apart. So, just think about it... stretching is keeping you from getting crusty. It's a good thing!"

P.S. If you haven't voted for Jennifer's song yet go here and do it now!

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

I just love analogies like that!

I love the potter and the clay one alot too. But I'm gonna chew on this one for a bit. thanks for sharing.

It's encouraging to hear all the things God is doing in your midst! Ya God!