Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thank You Stephen Bell and Brian Kato

Stephen Bell deserves a HUGE THANK YOU!!!! He read my last blog post and in the comments directed me to a free program called Restoration, available here. It's a program created by some guy named Brian Kato, that restores deleted files. When I realized that I really had erased everything from Raysha's SD card, in the back of my mind I thought, "I bet if I knew more about computers I would know of some way to magically bring those pictures back." Thank you Brian Kato for sharing your computer magic! I don't know if anyone understands just how awful I felt about having deleted Raysha's pictures. What a relief to have them back! The Restoration program was really easy to use, even for a person like me who is basically illiterate when it comes to computers. Restoration wasn't able to retrieve all of the files perfectly. There were a few that were damaged but I would say that about 95% of what I deleted was rescued. So if you ever accidentally delete something from your computer's hard drive or camera's memory card, I definitely recommend giving this program a try! Again, thank you Stephen for coming to my rescue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am glad to hear that things are going well. And that you got the pictures back! I would have felt sick too! Happy late Valentines day and early St. Patricks day/Easter!

*Sarah :D