Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Holi

Today the ladies went out and did some site seeing. Originally we were going to go shopping (hence the ladies only outing) but we forgot that it was a holiday. Apart from some blue paint being shot through an open window of our Sumo we pretty much avoided the "hazing" of Holi. It was definitely fun to watch the celebration. We were asked many times where we are from and received many wishes for a Happy Holi! This is some of what I saw...





Not even the cows could avoid it.


The goats too.



These two stopped and posed for me.


This was the extent of the "painting" that I received. It seemed to me that we didn't get paint thrown at us because we're foreigners. As we were walking back to the Sumo there were some little kids who covered their hands in the powdered paint and then wanted to shake our hands. I humored them and they seemed to think it was pretty funny.



No comments: