Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We Have Won The Battle But The War Wages On

Of course I refer to the war against the ants. Last week, a few days after the Muirheads arrived I saw this by the window that is next to my bed.


As I followed the trail I found that it went all the way under my bed. Earlier in the day as I had sat on the edge of my bed I had gotten a couple ant bites on my legs but I didn't noticed that the ants were marching by the thousands from under my bed, around the extension cord and under Andrea's bed.


As I continued to follow the trail I found what was at the end of it...Andrea's suitcases located under her bed. We (Raysha and I) pulled them out and opened them up and decided that the best course of action was to take them straight outside where we "de-antified" them. She had some treats in her bags which is what the ants had been after. Unfortunately we were unable to save most of the treats. They had already been half devoured by the enemy. We "fumigated" the suitcases with our good friend, the bug spray, and left them to air out on the veranda. When Andrea got home I felt bad explaining to her that we had rummaged through her suitcases and thrown away most of her treats.


This is a picture of the fatalities after sweeping up the battle field that was the floor of our bedroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!. You are 21st century Deborah. I hope the battle was exciting. But as far as ants are concerned i know one thing about them that they love sweet things. So in my observation they invaded you because you people must be sweet. Poor ants they lost their lives becuase some people do not understand them.
P.S. Please, no battle with the spiders coz we don't want rain anymore.