Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"He That Steals An Egg Will Also Steal An Ox"

Last night someone stole the back wheels off of our Sumo. When I first got up and heard Ray talking on the phone I thought the entire Sumo had been stolen so the fact that only the back wheels were gone was actually kind of a relief to me. Theft is not a very nice thing. Thankfully there have been few times in my life when I have experienced it but it has never been a pleasant experience. Samson has now been outfitted with a brand new set of back wheels. Not the way any of us intended our morning to be spent but at least we still have a Sumo! The title of this post is a proverb that came to mind this morning. Perhaps in our situation it would better be expressed. "He that steals the wheels will also steal the Sumo." I hope not!



2 comments:

armacleod said...

I'm surprised they didn't steal the spare. It looks like it is much more steal-able then the back tires. Well I'm glad you were able to take care of it.

Pamela said...

If you look closely there is a padlock on the spare. If Ray hadn't put that on I'm sure they would have taken it as well.